Ray and ME

Ray and ME

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Video Edit software

If you're running Microsoft Windows 7, you have a lot of video-editing choices, ranging in price from free to $700 or more. Given the cost and complexity of higher-end products, it's best to purchase the least expensive product that will perform the editing functions you need. So the logical starting point in your decision process is the free programs.
Movie Maker is included as part of Windows. Being a free application, Movie Maker doesn't seek to compete with midrange products. It offers enough basic features to get the job done but stops short of the lavish options and effects found in other programs. For example, although Movie Maker includes numerous text motion effects for rolling credits and similar animations, there are no canned text styles to aid in the design. One problem I encountered with Movie Maker was when we made a movie, saved it in the Movie Maker format then when we tried to show it from that format it would not play. We tried unsuccessfully to save it in several other formats and finally succeeded when we saved it in NSTC format in order to show it.
I did try to download WAX but could not successfully download it so I could not try it.
I have use Pinnacle for years and I am very familiar with the program. I know how to make titles and splice film into it and out. I have used it to make video highlights of games and game videos to trade. I have used the slow motion as well as freeze frame options. I like the easy to see timeline. You can format the output into many formats in addition to importing almost all video formats to the program. This program is easy to use once you practice with it for a period of time. Movie Maker might be easy to learn quickly but Pinnacle 2.0 has more format options. Pinnacle is slow at rendering video into its format output however I feel the varying options and the ease of use makes up for that

No comments:

Post a Comment